CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Watched 'Love Sick: Secrets of a Sex Addict'

WOW... what a truly inspiring movie! DJE played a fantastic character 'Rick'. He was so believable in the role. Just goes to show what a versatile actor he is. He looked so hot in the scenes! Jean... then shirtless... I'd died and went to Heaven! LOL!

But now some of my thoughts on the movie...

First off, to know this was based on a true story... hats off to Sue Silverman for writing her book! It is such an honor to know her. Her story is one that needs to be told over and over. It gives people that have an addiction, hope, and knowledge that they are not alone. There is help out there for them! They touched more on the sexual abuse Sue had received from her father than I thought they might. The scenes were done with much sensitivity. All I wanted to do was to hug that little girl and protect her. Those scenes broke my heart.

Then the scene at the end where 'Sue' (Sally Pressman) gives her speech... I wanted to yell out and tell her how proud I am that she beat her addiction! It was such an inspiring ending! The facts at the very end of the movie about sexual abuse... truly scary.

Sally Pressman was awesome in her role as Sue Silverman! Very believable!

For anyone that saw the movie but hasn't yet read the book... read the book too. It does answer some unanswered questions. I'm so honored that I have an autographed copy, and plan on reading it again since seeing the movie. The book can be purchased from Amazon.com or from Sue's website:
www.suewilliamsilverman.com

Sue, I'm so honored by our friendship! Thank you!

2 comments:

Sue Silverman said...

Thank you SO much for this lovely response to the movie. I am truly honored by how the movie portrayed my story, and by the amazing acting performances by Sally Pressman and David James Elliott. I'm also very moved by the response I've received from so many women...and from your blogsite here. Thank you for your wonderful support, support that I received all those weeks leading up to the movie. I love your collage, too! I'll always be grateful to you for hearing my voice in such a profound way. Love, Sue (Silverman)

JD said...

Awww Sue, you are most welcome. I'm glad that we met and that I could be there for you! I'm so happy you love the collage! You are most welcome for the support... something I hope I can do for you for a long time!
Love,
JD

 
Custom Search